All of the skill lessons in the paths can be viewed off the path by clicking the Skills link on the main menu.
Skills are grouped by the following categories:
- Basics: Lessons covering general basic information, such as finger placement, first-time chords, getting set up, tuning, and reading chord diagrams.
- Chords: Over 375 chord videos are available in a quick-reference format to demonstrate how to play each chord used in the songs we have in our collection.
- Exercises: 2-5 minutes exercises that drill techniques and concepts learned in previous lessons
- Glossary: Short 20-second videos with essential definitions of guitar and ukulele concepts
- Techniques: Various techniques such as Delta Style Fingerpicking, Hammer-ons and String Muting.
- Theory: Includes concepts such as reading rhythm, playing your first scales and time signatures.
- Tone: A description of different tones, how to create them, and common songs using that tone.
Each skill lesson features supplemental materials, which are linked in the upper right corner of each video player. There you can find links to the chords, glossary definitions, and other materials referred to in each lesson.