Fender Play walks brand-new players from the first step, how to hold the instrument, all the way through playing songs at approximately an intermediate-beginning level. It contains hundreds of lessons averaging 2-6 minutes in length.
Videos are shot in high-quality 4K, with clean and simple concepts presented one at a time. Several camera angles are used so students see the instrument from the front as well as from the player’s perspective, or “over-the-shoulder”. Lessons break down an intimidating process into bite-sized, achievable steps. Each time students learn a new skill, it’s presented again in the context of learning a song, so it’s easier to remember and even more fun to practice.
Because of the way that lessons are broken down into smaller bits of information, Fender Play becomes even more effective when it is used as a tool to reinforce skills learned in-person with a teacher.
Fender Play’s tailored curriculum for beginners and unique features distinguish it from other learning approaches.
These features include:
- Guided learning paths for students who need structure
- Extensive library of easy-to-play song lessons
- Hundreds of learning videos – chords, glossary, exercises, theory, techniques
- High-quality 4K videos with unique camera angles designed for beginning players
- Short micro-learning approach to lessons
- Progress tracking
- Dynamic curriculum with new content added all the time
- Access to a closed online community on Facebook where players, instructors and students support and encourage each other